Friday, September 3, 2010

Gail Lethbridge is Right Stevie. We're Just Not That Into You.

Columnist Gail Lethbridge wrote an inspiring piece for the Chronicle Herald: Thanks for the flowers, Stephen, but we’re just not that into you. She wanted to let Stevie down gently, so sent him a lovely letter. It's very funny. Be sure to read it through.
There’s no question that you’ve put a lot of energy into visiting us in every part of this big country, holding our babies, flipping our burgers, announcing and re-announcing goodies for everyone.

How could we not blush?

But there is a problem, and it’s not with you. It’s us.

We’re just not that into you, Stephen.

Sorry, but giving you a majority is a big step for us. We aren’t sure we’re ready to go all the way with you.

You see, Stephen, we’re not convinced we’d be compatible in the long term. I mean, we’re Canadians. We’re a moderate people. We don’t go for that hard ideological edge you sometimes show.
I don't want Stevie going away mad. I just want him to go away and take his gang of misfits with him.

I'd like to say it's been fun, but the truth is, it's been pure hell.

But I dedicate this to you Stevie, just so you know that there are no hard feelings.


2 comments:

  1. One of those "I wish I'd written that" kind of moments.
    Gail and Emily, you both rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was thinking the same thing about Gail's piece. "I wish I'd written that" Brilliant

    ReplyDelete