Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Wonderful Reminder of My Life Before Stephen Harper

Before starting this blog and my E-Book on Stephen Harper's Reform Movement, I ran (still do) a Victorian Canada website. I created it to tell the Canadian story, focusing on the Victorian era, but also on our actual history, not the fabricated one created by Francis Parkman, that has become the source for so many history books.

But this morning someone posted a Youtube video, on Canadians Rallying to Unseat Stephen Harper, of a song with a familiar ring. 'Secord's Warning' that told the story of Laura Ingersoll Secord. I had included her story in my section on Canadian women in history, and had added the words to that song. I just had never heard it sung before. It's great.



So the sooner we can get rid of this destructive government, the sooner I can get back to my former life.

I will still run my blog and make sure that Prime Minister Michael Ignatieff behaves, and I will continue to add to my book, to make sure that we never let down our guard again. This country cannot afford another Stephen Harper.

No comments:

Post a Comment