Sunday, September 12, 2010

Elizabeth May Gaining Ground on Gary Lunn. Yeah!

A poll this week shows that Elizabeth May, leader of the Green Party is gaining ground on the hapless Gary Lunn in the Saanich-Gulf Islands riding.
Of the voters who have decided and say they are definitely voting, 34 per cent said they'll support Lunn and 32 per cent will back May. Liberal
candidate Renee Hetherington and NDP candidate Edith Loring-Kuhanga each received 17 per cent. May, who moved to the riding a year ago to take on incumbent Lunn in the next federal election, said she's "never liked the way our political culture gets addicted to polls" and expects future polls may well have different results.


Nonetheless, she's happy with the results and said they reflect what she's hearing during her door-knocking in the riding.
Elizabeth May is one person who needs to be in Parliament.

I know I have said that I'm supporting the Liberal Party and believe that Michael Ignatieff is going to make the best prime minister we've had in a very long time, but I'm a Canadian first.

That is why I want the best this country has to offer, and it's why I would never campaign against people like Libby Davies, Pat Martin, Charlie Angus, Olivia Chow or Gilles Duceppe, to name a few.

They do a very good job of moving this country forward.

And it's why I want Elizabeth May to win. My country will be the better for it.

2 comments:

  1. Well I hate to disappoint but it was a green poll of 400 people.
    I am also suing e may
    I am also one of the highest member getters for the green party and trying to get some of them elected.
    mr google would clear it all up for any curious.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shavluk. A couple of other people have mentioned that they don't like the idea that she was a parachute candidate.

    I guess I got so excited that we could finally be rid of Gary Lunn, I didn't really look at anything else. Besides, I like Elizabeth May and really would like to see her get elected.

    But this is the kind of political debate we need. I'll try to find your info.

    ReplyDelete