Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Harper Hires Drug Exec to Grant Himself Contracts ... Wait a Minute ... What?

I'm reporting these things, and I can't believe them myself.

I keep thinking this is just a bad dream. I'm going to wake up and it's the fall of 2005; Stephen Harper has been arrested in the United States for crimes against humanity and Jason Kenney is safely tucked away in an insane asylum.

Then I wake up.

It's become painfully clear that our dictator doesn't even try to pretend to be honest anymore. I think he's just said the hell with. I have supreme power and I'll damned well do as I please.

Now I could have this wrong and maybe this is part of the pm's new tough on drug crime policy, because the man he recently hired, on our behalf, is the VP of a company that was was just fined $2.3 billion in the United States, the largest criminal fine ever assessed in that country, for fraudulently marketing a drug.

But I guess that's not it after all.

What is really happening is that Stephen Harper has hired the Vice President of a company recently charged with fraud, to distribute on behalf of the Canadian taxpayer, about a billion dollars a year for health research. And the good news is that the Canadian taxpayer also pays his salary.

Mad yet?

I sure am, but does it really matter? Isn't living in a dictatorship fun? You just never know what's going to happen next.

Bernard Prigent, Pfizer’s inside man
PM Harper's appointment of drug company's VP to Canadian Institutes of Health Research is also a registered lobbyist… to CIHR.
by Tim Bousquet

Last October, the Harper government appointed Bernard Prigent to the governing council of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, the federal agency that distributes about a billion dollars annually for health research.

That appointment was met with near-universal condemnation from medical ethicists, because Prigent is a vice-president of Pfizer Canada, a firm that stands to profit from the decisions made at CIHR. "There's a structural conflict of interest," ... Prigent did not respond to a request for comment.

2 comments:

  1. Your obsession with Harper is disturbing. I hope both your family and family doctor are aware of your condition and are able to help you ... and I mean that sincerly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My obsession with wanting to expose this government's corruption and arm the public with knowledge before the next election, is for my family.

    And I am no more obsessed with doing that than the Harper government is in attacking Michael Ignatieff.

    We are taking our country back while we still have one left.

    Not sure what you find is OK with this article, but apparently this is just part of a huge lobbying scandal, according to Duff Conacher of Democracy Watch.

    One more reason for Harper to abuse his power and shut down the House.

    But stick around, because I'm just getting started.

    ReplyDelete