As a card carrying member of the Religious Right, his views and actions are moving this country in the wrong direction.
Sweet won the election in 2008, by a margin of more than ten thousand votes; though vote splitting and apathy played a huge part. We have to make sure this doesn't happen next election
Interestingly though, he lost his bid in 2004 because he mentioned his involvement with the anti-women movement, the Promise Keepers. (He founded the Canadian chapter)
In 2006 and 2008, he dropped that information from his campaign, so I'm bringing it back to the surface.
Since strategically the Liberals will be the best option to take out Sweet, I'm throwing my efforts into promoting their candidate. I'm not sure who that is yet, but you can visit the website here.
If you live in this riding, here's what you can do to help:
1. Join the Liberal Party. It's only about $10.00 and is a great way to show your support. They will keep you up to date with what's happening in the community and on the federal scene.
2. If you are able to find a bit of time, volunteer; perhaps with canvassing or some other promotions.
3. If you can afford it at all, donate a bit now and then. I'm set up to contribute a regular monthly donation, but it's whatever you feel comfortable with. Remember that the Conservatives have a lot of wealthy backers and it takes money to launch a campaign.
4. Join Catch 22 Harper Conservatives to learn more tips, and encourage others to join. They also have a website that is currently under construction. Sweet isn't one of their 22, but you will get some idea of how this works.
5. Join Canadians Against Proroguing Parliament. There are more than 30,000 links to stories with reasons to vote the Reform-Conservatives out. The better informed you are the more motivated you will be.
I'll keep this page updated as often as possible and will continue to provide more reasons why David Sweet and these destructive Reformers have got to go.
More Postings on David Sweet
David Sweet Should Not be Allowed to Vote on Women's Issues
David Sweet's Promise Keepers are Part of a Larger Political Movement
Pro-Sex Feminists and a Feminized Curriculum are to Blame for Everything
Maurice Vellacott at it Again Reminding us of What his Party Stands For
Roots of Reform, Stephen Harper and the Stepford Wives