Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Have Never Been so Terrified in My Life

I received a phone call this afternoon from a producer at CBC. Honest, I'm not making it up.

At first I thought I was being punked, but it turned out to be legit.

She said that she had read my blog and wondered if I would be interested in appearing on The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti, on Monday morning.

We will be discussing the anti-prorogation rallies on the weekend and the impact of the Canadians Against Proroguing Parliament site.

I'm terrified but still kind of looking forward to it. I can't imagine that anyone would have much interest in anything I have to say, but. As long as I don't have to sing.

I will be debating a journalist from Nova Scotia who is very pro-prorogation (is that a word?). Anyway, he adamantly supports Stephen Harper's decision, so it should be interesting.

I love a good debate, but hope I don't start crying. Do you think there might be attack ads now 'Emily Dee ... just visiting'. I could float by on the TV screen. Nah.

I didn't get off to a real good start though. She asked me I had ever caught 'The Current', and I told her that I don't really watch TV. She said ... it's the radio. Oye!

No comments:

Post a Comment