Monday, October 18, 2010

Canadian Scientists Go Public Over Harper Gag Order

Canadian scientists are fighting back over the Harper government's media control of their work.

They apparently have set up a website but when I tried to access it, I couldn't connect. Has Herr Harper shut it down already?
The union that represents federal government scientists has created a website – PublicScience.ca – to give a voice to the work of its members.

The move comes weeks after it was revealed that new restrictive rules have been placed on scientists at the Natural Resources department requiring them to clear a number of hoops, including approval from the minister’s director of communications, before they may speak with the press about their work.
Sounds like his work, though I will try later.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you can get into there, Emily. Horrible to think he could have had it shut down. A dictator, NOT what Canadians are used to having in Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try:

    http://www.pipsc.ca/portal/page/portal/science

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the old link and the new one, Emily, but couldn't get either one to open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a link that worked. It's a great site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hit and miss for me too. I don't know what's going on.

    ReplyDelete