During the parliamentary crisis, when Stephen Harper prorogued to prevent having to face a non-confidence vote in 2008, a friend shared an email from Diane.
In it she referred to Gilles Duceppe as a 'citizen of France'. But more importantly, the email contained three spelling errors.
This from someone who is receiving an annual salary from taxpayers of more than $200, 000 a year.
She was certainly never cabinet minister material, but the fact that her husband is Doug Finley, Harper's bulldog and newly minted senator, put her career on the fast track.
Last election, Dr. Eric Hoskins gave her a run for her money, but the carbon tax and Stephane Dion scared voters off. Hoskins is now in the Ontario legislature and has been replaced by Bob Speller.
Mr. Speller is an experienced Member of Parliament with a good record and was formerly the Liberal Minister of Agriculture and Agri-food.
Since strategically he is probably the best bet to take Finley out, I'm throwing my efforts into promoting him.
You can visit his website here and join his Facebook fan page here. If you live in this riding, here's what else you can do:
1. Join the Liberal Party. It's only about $10.00 and is a great way to show your support. They will keep you up to date with what's happening in the community and on the federal scene.
2. If you are able to find a bit of time, volunteer; perhaps with canvassing or some other promotions.
3. If you can afford it at all, donate a bit now and then. I'm set up to contribute a regular monthly donation, but it's whatever you feel comfortable with. Remember that the Conservatives have a lot of wealthy backers and it takes money to launch a campaign.
4. Join Catch 22 Harper Conservatives to learn more tips, and encourage others to join. The Catch 22 web page for Finley is here.
5. Join Canadians Against Proroguing Parliament. There are more than 30,000 links to stories with reasons to vote the Reform-Conservatives out. The better informed you are the more motivated you will be.
6. Join Canadians Rallying to Unseat Stephen Harper - a group working to get rid of the Harper government once and for all.
I'll keep this page updated as often as possible and will continue to provide reasons why Diane Finley and these destructive Reformers have got to go.
And I will also provide plenty of information, as to why Bob Speller must be brought back.
My Postings on Diane Finley