In 2006 he ran on a social conservative platform, with the usual anti-abortion, anti-gay rhetoric we've come to expect from this party.
He is also one of the most hyper partisan in the party, wasting more bloody time in the House on nonsense, and I'm sick of it.
So as part of my determination to get my country back, I am targeting this riding.
Last election his closest competitor was Liberal Betsy McGregor, who registered 18,413 votes to Del Mastro's 27,629. Vote-splitting definitely affected the outcome, something we need to keep in mind.
It would appear that McGregor will be running again and since strategically she will be the best option to take out Del Mastro, I'm throwing my efforts into promoting her. Her biography is very impressive:
I like her already. You can visit her website here and if you live in this riding, here's what else you can do:
Betsy is a self made woman, born and raised in Peterborough. While raising her son as a single mom she earned a University degree in Veterinary Medicine. She has used her education to pursue a national and international career in science and ethics, marked by a life-long commitment to helping others. She has returned to Peterborough determined to ensure that her son's generation has the opportunity to have a robust economic and social future in Peterborough.
1. Join the Liberal Party. It's only about $10.00 and is a great way to show your support. They will keep you up to date with what's happening in the community and on the federal scene.
2. If you are able to find a bit of time, volunteer; perhaps with canvassing or some other promotions.
3. If you can afford it at all, donate a bit now and then. I'm set up to contribute a regular monthly donation, but it's whatever you feel comfortable with. Remember that the Conservatives have a lot of wealthy backers and it takes money to launch a campaign.
4. Join Catch 22 Harper Conservatives to learn more tips, and encourage others to join.
5. Join Canadians Against Proroguing Parliament. There are more than 30,000 links to stories with reasons to vote the Reform-Conservatives out. The better informed you are the more motivated you will be.
I'll keep this page updated as often as possible and will continue to provide reasons why Dean Del Mastro and these destructive Reformers have got to go.
My Postings on Dean Del Mastro