Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Stars Have Come Out in Support of Julian Assange


Many of the rich and famous are rallying around WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange and are contributing to his bail.
Movie directors, authors, journalists, and other renown individuals have offered to pay money from their own pockets to meet the £200,000 bail ordered by the court for the release of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, reported the British daily, The Telegraph, on Wednesday.

Among those who have offered to pay is famous film director Ken Loach who pledged 20,000 pounds, telling the Guardian, "“I think the work he has done has been a public service. I think we are entitled to know the dealings of those that govern us.” Novelist, historian and political commentator Tariq Ali also said he had offered a sum of money for the release of Assange in order to demonstrate his “solidarity”.
Michael Moore has also come through, and explains why he is doing it.
Yesterday, in the Westminster Magistrates Court in London, the lawyers for WikiLeaks co-founder Julian Assange presented to the judge a document from me stating that I have put up $20,000 of my own money to help bail Mr. Assange out of jail.

Furthermore, I am publicly offering the assistance of my website, my servers, my domain names and anything else I can do to keep WikiLeaks alive and thriving as it continues its work to expose the crimes that were concocted in secret and carried out in our name and with our tax dollars.

We were taken to war in Iraq on a lie. Hundreds of thousands are now dead. Just imagine if the men who planned this war crime back in 2002 had had a WikiLeaks to deal with. They might not have been able to pull it off. The only reason they thought they could get away with it was because they had a guaranteed cloak of secrecy. That guarantee has now been ripped from them, and I hope they are never able to operate in secret again.
He is doing a service, even if just reminding the media, that there is news out there. They just need to go after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment