Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Just Cancelled my Sun Media Newspaper and I Feel so Empowered

After complaining every day about the content of the Kingston Whig Standard, after being taken over by Sun Media, I decided to finally do something about it.

I called them this morning and cancelled my subscription.

After buying the paper for 38 years, I simply can no longer justify giving them any more of my money.

I'm too techno-challenged to do any hacking for WikiLeaks, but in my own small way, I feel like I'm part of the army, even if just a humble messenger.

A revolution against corporate media and secretive governments. Ironically, it used to be the media who exposed government secrets. Now they simply help to keep them.

I've had it. I'm done.

It's not bad enough that the Whig via Sun is bringing the likes of Ezra Levant and Peter Worthington into my home, but they are now complicit in an assault on CBC. Canadians only voice.

And the horrible Dean Del Mastro, the man I call Shrek's evil twin, is now musing about completely defunding our only chance at any semblance of unbiased reporting.

AVAAZ has a petition to save WikiLeaks. Please sign it.

WE CAN DO THIS. A change is coming.

Take a stand. Cancel your corporate newspaper.

4 comments: