Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harper Won't Let Paul Calandra Talk But He Should at Least Make Him Listen

I know that Stephen Harper keeps a pretty tight rein on his MPs, not allowing them to talk to anyone without a script, but I didn't realize he also told them not to listen.

One of Gail Shea's constituents was upset because she banned him from her facebook, and now Paul Calandra has started blocking citizens critical of his government.

These people are elected officials, who must speak to the those who pay their salary.

I can just imagine what a Conservative caucus meeting must be like. "OK guys, now I want you all to practice putting your fingers in your ears and singing 'la la la la la la la . I can't hear you.'."

Paul Calandra blocks me in Twitter. What does he have to hide ?
Posted by Vijay
June 22, 2009

Markham Oakridges Conservative MP Paul Calandra wont allow me to follow him on Twitter. I added the MP from Markham Oak Ridges to the people I want to follow and Twitter says now that I can’t because he has blocked me. What does he have to hide?

Do you think it is appropriate for a MP to block someone from following them on Twitter because of partisan reasons. Is he afraid that I will uncover his mistake and expose him? Something is very fishy here. Don’t you think ? I have a lot of Conservative friends on Twitter, Facebook and as true Canadians we use partisan politics to engage in a dialogue to make Canada and the world a better place ....


No comments:

Post a Comment