Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Conservative MP Mike Wallace Caught Cheating with Lisa Raitt

I hadn't heard of Mike Wallace until yesterday. I don't mean the American broadcaster, but the Conservative MP for Burlington; so you can imagine my surprise when I received an attack ad in the mail from him. I live in Kingston.

I initially assumed that it came from our local Conservative 'also ran', Brian Abrams, but then of course that would mean he'd have to pay for it himself. By using an elected Member of Parliament, it didn't cost him a dime.

It's the Canadian taxpayer who gets stuck with the bill.

I guess I shouldn't have been that shocked. After learning that Brian Abrams had hired a American Republican pollster to run his next campaign, I actually expected a visit from Karl Rove. I just didn't expect it so soon.

Angry as hell I looked into Mr. Wallace's past and found that this wasn't the first time he'd cheated taxpayers to get free advertising for Conservative candidates. When Lisa Raitt was challenging Garth Turner for his seat, this Burlington MP mailed 29,000 flyers to Turner's constituents. 29,000 campaign style flyers that WE PAID FOR. She won and look how that turned out.

I'm getting so tired of this.

Canada is now running the largest deficit in our history, and we are in last place for climate change initiatives. But what is our government doing? Telling us why we shouldn't vote for the other guy.

Maybe it's time for the people of Burlington to find out what their MP has been up to, because clearly he's got too much time on his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment