Monday, June 6, 2011

Michael Moore Promotes Bridget DePape on His Blog


U.S. liberal activist and documentary filmmaker Michel Moore, has posted Bridget's story on his blog.
"For a young person to do that and to do it peacefully, and quietly and with grace, I thought it was a very powerful moment. Every now and then there is an iconic moment where an individual takes action, and it inspires others ... I think that Canada and Canadians probably need to put aside the full respect thing and get to work on preventing their government from turning into a version of ours." – Michael Moore
Canada is getting noticed for all the wrong reasons.

Not wrong about her activism, but wrong in the direction we are now headed with our current government.

Robert Kennedy Jr., son of the late Senator Bobby Kennedy, wrote recently of Stephen Harper:
Harper, often referred to as "George W. Bush's Mini Me," is known for having mounted a Bush like war on government scientists, data collectors, transparency, and enlightenment in general. He is a wizard of all the familiar tools of demagoguery; false patriotism, bigotry, fear, selfishness and belligerent religiosity. Harper's attempts to make lying legal on Canadian television is a stark admission that right wing political ideology can only dominate national debate through dishonest propaganda.
Moore not only blogged, but tweeted "A 21-yr old in Canada does a very cool thing"

I wanted to mention that for some reason, while I can still publish comments, I seem to be having difficulty responding to them. I've contacted Google and hopefully it will be fixed.

Someone mentioned in my story on DePape and Canada's undemocratic election, that the NDP have youth, even if many of the newbies did nothing to get elected.

They are right and I have posted on Layton's youth wing.

However, I will hold off praising them simply for being young, until they do something to oppose Harper's regime. I'm hoping that they don't fall into the trap of touting the party line, but bring forward ideas and opinions contrary to the status quo.

Canada is broken, and while we have lost Parliament and the Senate to neoconservatism, we have not yet lost our people.

3 comments:

  1. "... while we have lost Parliament and the Senate to neoconservatism, we have not yet lost our people."

    Well said. Power to the People!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's time we invited Michael Moore to come up here and make a movie. He can quote Robert Kennedy Jr., and maybe he can even get President Obama to say a few words, like: "I am not George W. Bush, and taking over Canada is not part of my political agenda."
    Sigh.
    High hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog thanks to Brigette DePapes fan page, and I love it!

    I've just written an article on DePape, and on the media reaction, which I think you might find interesting: http://themassornament.com/?p=182

    Expect more comments from me in the near future.

    ReplyDelete